CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Monday Again and THANK YOU!!!

Well now that the weekend is over, I can share some of the things that have weighed heavy on my shoulders. A couple of weeks ago, my ex-husband was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I was not able to share this because we had not told the kids yet. We decided we would wait until we had all of the information of his cancer and what all would have to be done (treatment wise). I have dreaded to sit down with them from the second I found out. Well, we did sit down with them this weekend and it went much better than anticipated. I believe my daughter is still processing right now and my little man just does not grasp the entire concept. He starts his chemo this week and I am sure more questions will come and more emotions will emerge through this process. It is going to be a life changing time for everyone involved. He lives in a different state which will have its advantages and disadvantages for the kids during this time. It's good only in the fact, they will not have to see him on his sickest days, but yet when they need to see him and he needs to see them for that reassurance, it's not an advantage at all. I am sure that through this all, we will all become closer and we will find ways to meet the needs of both the kids as well as his. We have not been together since 2005, but he was a very big part of my life and never would I want him to have to go through any of this. Even though it has been since 2005, it's still hard for me to swallow. He does have a great support group and a great girlfriend and mother that will help him through it too. Knowing this helps put my mind at ease. It's going to be a tough journey, for him and the kids especially, but God will shine through! I am sure that I will journal (or blog) about this from time to time. It's a therapy!!! I do thank everyone for their prayers, even though for the most part you had no idea what you were praying about. Last night, our Life group started a bible study on praying and it really is a great feeling to know you have people out there praying for your needs. So again, thank you. Please continue to pray.

3 comments:

jola said...

I'll definately send a few extra thoughts your way. I can imagine how hard the next months will be for all of you and wish you all the strengths you will need.

"Just jen" said...

Thank you Jola!!!

Little Monkey Creations said...

My Nana had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I was with her through the Chemo. I will be adding your family to our prayer list. i will say that when my Mom went through her Chemo and radiation for Breast Cancer my kids took it in stride. We lived about 5 hours away at the time and didn't get to see her alot but it didn't seem to bother them if she slept for most of the visit or that her hair was gone. They did alot better with it then I did. We were very upfront with them. Telling them what to expect - Mom let them try on her wig, rub her head, ect. Hang in there!