CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

I Believe.... Post 1

I received this email today about life's scenarios. There were 20 different sayings, all very good and true statements. I decided that I am going to post some of these throughout the next month and give my own synopsis on them. I would love to here yours as well! Here is the first one...
I Believe.... That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
This is something that is so true and something we all take for granted so often. I have thought a lot about this statement recently. Right before Christmas Break at school for the kids, another fellow parent dropped off her children and was headed back home to finish packing for their vacation that they were leaving for on that day. She lived about 2 miles from the school and on the way home, less than a mile up the road from the school another car coming the other way, swerved in her lane and hit her head on and she died instantly. It was very very sad and I just could not help to think about and wonder what the last thing she said to her kids was before she dropped them off.
You really never know when your moment or someone else's that you love moment will come. If you last words were harsh or not said, that is what you leave those people with. I know that many mornings it is chaos at my house and we are always rushing to get out of the door. Usually those are the mornings I spend the entire ride to school fussing and arguing with my children. Of course after I leave them, it has made for a stinky day! I try to think about that, especially now! But regardless of it is a calm or chaotic morning, I never leave them without telling them I love them.
Again, we all are guilty of forgetting about the importance of that and sometimes other natural human feelings prohibit us from remembering, but I think it is a great challenge for all of us to keep that statement front and foremost in our minds and heart!

2 comments:

Angela said...

This is very true. I come from a family that never said "I love you" we do not hug or kiss each other. But, we all know that we love each other. I remember when my mom was dying, I was leaving her house one day and she said "I love you." I smiled at her but I didn't say it back. Even though I have no doubt that she knew how much I loved her, I wish I had just said it back to her. That is something that I will never be able to change. Maybe she just wanted to hear me say it.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Great post...I always told my kids how much I loved them everyday. I never had this as a child and I wanted my children to never ever feel that they weren't loved..