CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

I believe ..... Post# 3

I Believe...... That you can keep going long after you think you can't..


This post is has very personal meaning to me right now. I said in a recent post we had some bad news delivered and although I still cannot talk about until after this next week, it's been tough! Since I have learned of this news, the expression "when it rains, it pours" has been an understatement. There have been so many things that have happened and they are all over the spectrum. My grandparents house burnt to the ground last night. They are safe (thank God, literally)! We have lost a family friend to his battle with cancer. I have been to the ER with my son and came out three stitches later. My heart aches... the list goes on, but I will spare you any more details. It gets to a point where you do not feel you can take anymore, usually that's when something more is thrown at you, but NEVER will I ask "what else can happen?". Something I vowed not to do many years ago, because the last time I did, I got my answer that changed my family's lives. But just when you really think you cannot take anymore and you are about to break, there is always something that brings you back to that center point. For me, that thing was an email I got from my mother this morning. She reminded me to turn it over to GOD and he will take care of it all. When God closes one door, he opens another. Although I vowed no crying today, I BOO-HOO'd when I read her email. She always knows what I need to hear. So mom.... thank you and I love you so much! Thank you for reminding me that when I think I cannot take anymore that there is always two people that I know will push me, carry me, whatever it takes to see me through. You and my GOD!!! Saying all that, I leave you with my answer to why it is that you can keep going long after you think you can't..
Revelations 3:8
When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only one of two things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or teach you how to fly!!!

5 comments:

Mignon said...

I feel your pain. This is what my 17+ months have been and I am ever thankful that God has given me the strength to make it through this time in my life. What amazes me is that even in this dark time, I have found that I am still giving off light to others who need it, as they have shared this with me. I had no idea. I bet you are still giving off a lot of light even if you cannot see it right now. I know this because I can see it in your picture. You bring light to the ones around you. Keep holding on.

Mignon

"Just jen" said...

What kinds words! Thank you Mignon! Well I will pray for continued strength for you as I pray for my own. Thank you, really! Thank you.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I vowed long ago never to say" well it could be worse"..it always is. I pray for the answers I need and move on with life. I do everything I can to not be burden during these times, but I do what I can and leave the rest in Gods hands. I don't always understand his choices but then we aren't suppose to.....I will keep you in my prayers that all will work out for you.

Angela said...

Jen,

I am also praying for you. I remember once going on a picnic with my husband. It was such a nice day. But, I knew that day was just the calm before the storm. I felt like I was given that day and that knowledge just so I could think back to that nice day during the storm that I did in fact go through. So, if you can, try to remember your calm before this storm began.

"Just jen" said...

Thank you all for your encouraging words and prayers. I did much soul searching this weekend and realize that I just really do have to give it all to GOD, all of it. That's what I have done. Angela, I had a friend this weekend tell me almost the same thing that you said so I decided I would do that through my journaling. I'd never thought of doing that but such a great idea!