CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I NOW know there is nothing worse than a skunk smell!!!

So... we had a birthday party cook out to go to this afternoon for a friend of ours who lives somewhat out in the country. We had a great time. It was good people, good food and just a all round good relaxing time. On the way back home on what I consider a "back road" and about 5 minutes after leaving out of the darkness comes a skunk (A big one) hi-tailing to cross the road. I see it but there is no possible way to stop and it was stopped in the center of the road so veering off to one side or another was out of the question as well. I decided I had to center it and just about that time, the dang thing turns back and I hear the dreaded THUMP. OH no!!! Just about 30 seconds later comes a horrible smell that has taken over the inside of the car. How horrible this is! It was so bad that I literally thought I was going to have to pull over the side of the road, but I knew the second I leaned my head over the side of the car it could only make it worse considering the smell must be worse out there and I cannot EVEN imagine how that could be possible. We were all dying in the car. I turn around and hit a dead one about 5 miles later. I blame that to the lack of sight due to the high gas toxin skunk fumes that were burning every hair on my face and melting my skin away. Needless to say the next fifteen minutes home were not pleasant at all. We drove straight to the carwash, but did not do much of anything to help the smell. Got home and later realized I left something in the car. I went out there to get it and opened the doors and almost fell down from the smell. It is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I now am certain that there is nothing worse than the smell of a skunk!!!! I have no idea what to do to get the smell out.. Any suggestions how to get the smell out??

2 comments:

Angela said...

oh no! I have no idea what to do for the smell. Yikes! I know if a person gets sprayed tomato juice works...but I just don't know about washing your car with tomato juice. Good luck!

Mignon said...

Ok, first, I'm sorry, but you gave me my best laugh of the day, lol. You also took me back to my childhood as while riding with my beloved great uncle in his old El Camino, we hit a skunk. My uncle was a character and the whole scenario was hysterical. He sold that car with the smell still in it, but only after he drove it for a long time afterwards.

Now, for more encouraging thoughts.............you are going to need something, rather lots of somethings, in the car that absorbs odor - not something that masks odor. I remember mother putting apple halves in her car for some strange reason, but I do know it was to absorb odor. Also, you may want to research it online, as everything else is online, but I'm thinking you are going to need to spray the underside of your car with something strange like vinegar and maybe try lemon juice. You'll need a spray bottle. I know somehow vinegar does neutralize odors for many things and I would take vinegar over skunk smell. I know they have those odor eaters for like lockers and gym bags, you may want to invest in their stock before buying, but really, things that are designed to absorb odor is your best bet. Let me know what works for you. I added your blog to the blogs I follow. I'm part of the Mississippi Etsy team. I'm thinking of trying local shops, but haven't yet. It would be awesome to be able to be a SAHM and design jewelry.