CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catching up...

Going to try this again.... As I mentioned I have fallen behind on my blogging. I have really missed it actually! I have had so many things going on and so much to tell.

First of all our Christmas was good. Really did not have any big plans like normal, but I did get a chance to go visit my Papa and mom. I also visited my dad, which was a sad time for him because Christmas morning, his best friend and our family dog of almost sixteen years, died in his arms. He died about 10 minutes after sniffing out his Christmas present under the tree. That was pretty tough, but it was good to be able to spend some time with all of them until I gave blood and got sick... That's another entire story. Needless to say, I can no longer give blood and it took 5 days to recover. All is good now!!!

One of the most exciting things that happened during the holidays was 2 days prior to Christmas Eve, my sister-in-law, got an email from her sister whom she has been trying to find for many years. They have not seen each other nor talked to each other in over 15 years. She was so very excited and we were as well because we knew how much it has meant to her to find her... and to happen at Christmas; WOW!! My brother contacted her sister and told her if she was able and willing he would like to fly her down here as a surprise. New year's day he picked her up at the airport. We were getting together for New Year's Day dinner so we were in the kitchen finishing up the last bit of stuff and she walked in. My sister-in-law could not believe it and was elated. They were able to spend the next 3 days together and after not really knowing much about each other and all the years apart, there was a natural comfort and so many similarities between then it was unreal. It was indeed a true Christmas story and a great way to bring in the New Year. It will be one that neither of them will forget for sure!!! We are happy to have her as an addition to our family now and sister-in-law has not quit smiling yet I do not think.

The other exciting thing for me personally is that I FINALLY got my garage cleaned out and made a studio out of it. I have really need more space other than what the corner of my bedroom offered. It is so nice now, but for the life of me I really cannot figure out how I had the stuff I had in the corner. I really am excited about this. My own nice space. Now I can really get after it. I am going to start working on my portfolio this week and do everything I possibly can to get out there. This IS my goal for the year. Over the holidays, my sales in the shop were great!!! I was selling faster than I could make it. This also led to a few opportunities that may prosper shortly. Now I need to pamper my etsy a bit. I did not do anything with it prior to Christmas because of the shop sells, but have got my system in place now. It's all in the works. Did I tell you I am excited about my little studio??? I am, I am!!! I will have to take a pic and post it.

That is the short version of my catching up, but you got the jist of it. I promise that I will no longer neglect my blogging duties!!!!

I hope that everyone is doing good and enjoying the new year so far. I do wish the very best year for everyone. This is going to be a good one, we just have to keep the faith and God as our leader.

Until the next time...

No comments: