CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CRAFT SHOWS 2009

I am trying to get my year planned with my jewelry. I have been gathering info on craft shows for this year. We have some big ones here in the Jackson area at the later part of the year that most everyone is aware of already. I was wondering if anyone already made plans to attend some this year? Maybe we could all share the info we have: shows? reviews? dates? deadlines?

I joined a listing that gives information about advertised shows all over. Some of the information has been useful. I am trying to get them mapped out of what I would like to do. I am shooting to do a show a month starting in March. The holiday season will be different of course. Are there any shows you have heard of or have done in the past that you would definitely recommend? It would cool to get a group to travel to them together.

Anyway.... just an idea of something to share. I will keep you posted of some of the ones I am looking at after I get all the details.

Until then..... have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi!

First of all, I have not made it to the post office yet. I am still sending the boxes though.
Second, I have gone to Handworks 3 or 4 times. It is the best show I have ever been to. It is juried so you will have to send pictures. I think the spring show is around Easter. I used to make pottery and I made three thousand dollars the first time I ever went!! Before that $500 was my best show...so you can see that Handworks is fantastic.
I also did the Canton Flea market which was terrible. I made $250 which only covered my booth, hotel, and gas...so I actually went in the hole with that one.
I did a show in Weston which was terrible.
Cleveland has a show called CrossTies Arts festival which I did pretty good at...I may do it again this year.
I have never done a show with my collages. I think I will have to do one more geared to art and less towards crafts for collages. Jewelry is always a good seller and your prices can't be beat.