CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

GREAT NEWS!!!

Can you say, IT IS FINALLY FRIDAY!!! What an up and down week it has been!!!!!

It's been a very roller coaster week. Last post was about my brother and his kidney stone. Well Tuesday we went back to ER because it was even worse and they confirmed it was a 3mm stone. He is at home and is waiting dreadfully of course to birth this thing. Poor guy! He has been through it this week.
Although it has been the typical crazy week in the Land of Jennifer, we have received some great news as well that I wanted to share. For those of you that are familiar with The Craftmen's Guild of MS know that you can submit your medium for review and consideration to become a member of the Guild twice every year. This to me is a very great honor and has been a goal of mine for over a year. This year I decided I was going to submit and at least use the results as constructive criticism. Well I went to a preparation class they held in February that gives guidelines and informs you on what they look for, how to fill out paperwork, and other very general information about the process. I left there not feeling 100% confident about submitting for the March review. We the night before submittal, I started and finished my last piece, almost convincing myself not to do it. I decided I should anyway, because if I did not, it would be that much longer before I got direction I may need. Again, I was using this as a learning process completely. Yesterday I received the letter in the mail from the review......... DRUM ROLL, please.....
I WAS ACCEPTED INTO THE GUILD!!!!
(by the way..For those of you that are not familiar with the Guild should definately come check it out. It is located in Ridgeland and you can walk the gallery for hours and be so amazed at the talent that is collected in one small room)
What a shock this was for me. I truly, truly was not expecting this at all. I was very anxious to receive advise from other Guild members and experts in this field. Needless to say, I am so very excited. Still in happy shock a bit though. This for me is really huge because it actually is a goal of mine and with it happening, it encourages me and makes me realize that my goals are obtainable with help and hard work!!! Speaking of help, I am very appreciative and so very thankful to those people who push me and support me and that I lash out at from time to time when I realize if there were 72 hours in each day, I would still have not enough time.
Other news.. This is a "Proud Parent Moment". Also in the mail yesterday, I received an official letter stating that my 10 year old daughter has been selected to represent her school as a Jr. Nation Young Leader Scholar and recognized as one of the Nation's top 5th/ 6th grader. She has been invited to attend a conference and all. This is an amazing opportunity for her and will be an incredible experience. People like Al Gore and Leader of the Peace Corp. were elected for this in their time. I am so proud of her!!!! She deserves this so much. She really is a good girl and has such natural potential when it comes to things like that. That I had to share being as proud of her as I am.
So that's about it, please continue to check out my prayer list over on the side. Please pray for Jason and his mother. They need every prayer they can get right now going through these days.
O! I am putting up another side note about my upcoming shows.
Well, have much work to do. I hope that you all enjoy the beautiful weekend. Until next time...

5 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Congratulations...that is so fantastic....You should be very very proud of yourself..

Angela said...

WoW! That is really great! I have always been scared to put myself out there like that! Who knows? I may try myself!

"Just jen" said...

thank you both!! It is very intimidating to put yourself out there, but it is just a great learning experience and can give some advise at the very least. I am very excited!

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you! Your dreams are coming true one by one!

Mignon said...

Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you!!! I will eventually be wanting to find the courage to do the same - thanks for the inspiration.

Mignon