CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WHAT A VIEW IT WAS....

I had a crazy experience yesterday and I must share. To some it may not seem to be a big deal, but it was something I am proud and very happy I did. Well, where I work we are building a water tower. One of my first assignments for my job was to re-type the specs on this thing, which took close to a year. I learned some interesting things along the way. This is being constructed where I have to pass it daily. It’s been amazing watching this thing being built. We had an inspection on it yesterday and I asked to go along and meet some of the people I have been working with on it and to see it up close. Well, I actually got to climb it. All the way to the top; 150 feet of stairs inside this massive thing. I did not think it was a big deal until everyone kept questioning me if I was sure about climbing. I decided to do it anyway. I climbed with the inspectors. It was not easy at all, but man was the view on top of it incredible and well worth it. The inspectors and the welder I climbed with were SUPER to me. This something they could have done in a less than an hour, but they stuck with me because I was determined and we will just say that it was more than a hour getting up there. When I finally got up there, I did not want to get down. I tried talking the welder into adding a secret elevator that I could use as a “get-away spot” after it was filled. Maybe I should have written that in the specs myself. HAHA! Anyway, the entire experience was great and if you can believe it or not (I can’t for sure) I am not ever stiff this morning. I got a bit of a headache from getting so hot climbing, but that is it. I did take a few pics that I thought I’d share.

What a view!

3 comments:

Angela said...

WOW! I have a serious fear of heights so I am very impressed by you! I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! U R THE WOMAN!!! What an awsome thing to do!!! When I was young, I use to climb fire towers, but I have NEVER climbed a water tower!!!! Wouldn't you love to sit up there with a cocktail and just be there???? I'm soooo jealous!!!

"Just jen" said...

The view was all worth it. I really would love to just sit up there from time to time, cocktail or not.