CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Uplifting Story

This weekend I posted some of my new tag necklaces on ETSY. As I have mentioned before I sell my jewelry at a local salon in Ridgeland, Caresty's. One of the orders I had was from a lady who wanted 3 necklaces (2 "believe" and 1 "faith"). She originally wanted them in the small tags, but I did not have "faith" in the small ones do I made one of the others and told her if she liked it, she could buy it, if not, it would be ok. Caresty called the end of last week and told me she bought it and loved it. She proceeded to tell me that lady's son had died in her arms several years ago. Her son was an organ donor and one of his organs went to a girl, which saved her life so I am told. She has kept in contact with this girl over the past couple of years and the girl is the one she bought the "faith" necklace for.

That's a great story to me!!! There needs to be more people in the world like that. Someone who has selfless and genuine care for another person, regardless the pain or feelings it may bring onto themselves.

We all tend to lose sight of the things that are important to us that stare us in the face everyday. We tend to want and want for things and never be satisfied, when some people out there are willing to give everything they have for just a particular moment in time. I am guilty of this myself and it is something I try to keep in the front of head at all times and give of myself a lot, but still have those really selfish moments when I should be ashamed.

I think we should challenge ourselves to reach out to others and make a difference for the betterment of mankind, along with our own lives. We need to set examples for our children to follow so that they can give back and make a difference in someone else's life. They learn what they know and see. Really, what harm could not being selfish really do? Make the day for someone else, set a good example, from a smile to some one's face? You never know when something you do for someone can completely change the path of some one's life. The small print however, the same reaction can occur when we do things to someone that is selfish.... ?? That can make you think for sure!!!! I have to remind myself of that all the time.

Okay.. well I guess I have been on "the box" for long enough. I just wanted to share that because it is a good story and I think much inspiration can be drawn from it.

Remember the challenge and until next time....

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is a really sweet story! I thought I would tell you why I bought the "Live Life" bracelet from you. In May, my husband and I went on our first cruise. We were in Cozumel and he decided that he wanted to try scuba diving. (Earlier that day, I had tried snorkeling and I kept getting choked. I am a terrible swimmer) So, he paid the Scuba guy for the quick lesson. The Scuba instructor asked me if I wanted to go. I said "No way." So the instructor told me to just go through the class and if I changed my mind I could get my money back. To make a long story short, I ended up going scuba diving. If I hadn't, I would have missed seeing the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life! I felt like a tiny person in a big aquarium. So, I got the "Live Life" bracelet to remind me not to let my fears take over!