CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

IT HAS BEEN LOOONG OVERDUE!

Well it has been a very long time since I last wrote in my blog and SO SO much has happened since then both personally and in my jewelry adventure!
I left in May to go help my mother take care of my grandfather who was diagnosed with terminal cancer the end of March. My mother and my aunt were both there taking care of him and they also were having their own health issues at the time, which is why I decided to take leave and go.
It was a very very hard 6 weeks there watching my grandfather's condition rapidly deteriorate until he died the mid of June. Although it was very hard, I would not change it for anything and would not trade those last 6 weeks or the sharing the last moments of his life for anything. I still have a hard time dealing with his loss from time to time, but I will forever be grateful of the time I spent with him and the decision I made, at some great cost, to go to Alabama. I actually did his entire funeral service and delivered it all myself. Never in a million years would I imagine I'd ever be doing anything like that, but it was kind of like my own tribute to him because I did not want someone else who did not know who he was up there recapping his like. It was a very intimate and personal service and I think it would have been what he would have wanted.
I know some know that also during that time my ex-husband was diagnosed with cancer and was going through his treatments. Just 2 weeks ago, he received good news from the doctor and all of his scans come back showing NO hot spots or live cancer. This being more on a positive note.
Something else incredible happened to me the late part of the summer. I met a wonderful man who has become a very important part of my life now. I actually met him this time last year but with so much going on in my life ,the ups and downs, our relationship was platonic. After coming home from Alabama, we connected again and started dating in August. He is a very great person and I am so very happy and feel blessed to have him in my life.
Now, things in the past several weeks have really started taking off with my jewelry. I finally got my showcase in at the Craftmen's Guild of MS and now they have some more on display at an exhibit they are doing now. I have my jewelry in 3 stores and was approached at my last show to put it in another store locally that just opened in October. Also in October, I exhibited at the Guild for the New Members Exhibit. I enjoyed that greatly and got great feedback and made some of my own great contacts. I have another show on November 14th at the Brick Street Festival in Clinton and then an Open House on November 20th by the request of some friends and repeat customers from one of the stores that I carry it in. I missed all the deadlines for Chimneyville due to being in Alabama, but am going to do Sugar Plum Market in Vicksburg on the 5th. I am about to get started on my website and continue to keep going. I have made lots of new things and am venturing out more and more. If I could get the photo thing down I feel like I could be set to go. It is all been a blessing and am enjoying it a lot.
I must say the later part of this year thus far has been far better than the first part of this year. Regardless, I will continue to thank God for each day he does bless me with and continue to tread water.
I look forward to getting back to my blogging. It was really hard to come back to because there were so many emotions left there, but I finally bit the bullet and opened it up for the very first time since April. Feels good! I look forward to catching up with everyone and I hope all is well with everybody!
And last, thank you for those of you who showed me great encouragement and support while I was going thru such a rough time. I will forever be grateful to you!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you are back!!! I have missed you! I look forward to hearing more about the wonderful things going on in your life.

I am also sorry to hear about your grandfather. I think it is very special that you spent his last days with him.

"Just jen" said...

Thank you Angela! I have missed you too! I have missed my daily fixed reading your daily blog!