CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Latest Project


I mentioned before that I had bought some Metal clay and was ready to dive in but have been scared to death to. My mother, who is a dollhouse miniature artisan is extremely talented in sculpting in polymer clay so I felt I needed her there (that way I could blame her if it did not turn out... lol). My sister-in-law can draw great and anything. The idea I wanted to use in the metal clay was creating an original family tree. Make pendants and rings out of them and use tiny rhinestones as birth stone representing people in your personal tree. My sister-in-law drew out several trees and we picked one. My mother and her started making molds for the ones we really liked. Now the rest is up to me. I am going back to visit my grandfather and mother this weekend and we are going to give it trial run. I hope they turn out how I have them envisioned because it would be a great heirloom to make and have. There are several people out there that are doing similar and I think they are wonderful. I wanted to make that we had our own original mold and style. I will keep you posted on how that turns out. Maybe I will have a pic to show if it does. Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

It sounds really cute!! Hurry, hurry get them out before Mother's Day because I bet you can sell a ton of them!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I love the idea and the drawing of that tree is great. Can't wait to see the final project.